You may want to acquaint with the valid legal regulations in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania:
Not only federal state law will be applicable, but also a compendium of unified federal laws. This list is not intended to be exhaustive:
While planning your anfling trip, please do not forget:
- the valid fishing licence or tourist fishing licence (you need it to buy a fishing permit!)
- to buy the fishing permit in time for the particular waters
- the valid identity card
- and if you want to make a tour by a boat, powered by a motor greater than 4.5kwp (6 hp) is required to hold a Boatmasters’ Licence
Please note that in some cases the legal close seasons and minima do not correspond with the rules issued by us!
In addition, we have compiled some important information about the waters of our company.
|Eel||55 cm||Tench||25 cm||Carp*|
|Pikeperch||55 cm||Bass||22 cm||Ide||25 cm|
|Pike||60 cm||Burbot||30 cm||Wels||70 cm|
|Asp||35 cm||Vendace||12 cm||Broad whitefish||30 cm|
*40 cm (minimum) to 65 cm (maximum, to protect the spawning fish) is valid for carp
Legal close seasons:
|Broad whitefish||1st of October - 31st of December|
|Burbot||1st of January - 15th of February|
|Wels||1st of May - 30th of June|
|Pikeperch||1st of April - 15th of June|
|Eel||1st of December - 28th of February|
Legal close areas:
In the following areas the fishing is all-year or in certain periods is not permitted:
- Street bridge Vipperow: A distance of 100 metres is to keep by the street bridge Vipperow (on both sides in the course of the waterway)
- From the bridge in Malchow a distance of 100 metres is to keep (on both sides in the course of the waterway) between 8pm and 9am.
- In the Wünnow near Röbel fishing is forbidden in the time from the 15th of March to the 15th of June.
- In the town harbour of Röbel the fishing is forbidden in the area of the lake navigation (to both sides of 100 m) from the 15th of March to the 15th of August.
In the area between the swing bridge of Malchow and the bridge in Lenz (Malchower town lake / Petersdorfer lake) the drift fishing and troll fishing are not permitted.